Intuitive Tech Solution Offers Personalised Maths Practice for Primaries.
Hello! My name is Jonathan Coy, and I am co-host of HeadteacherChat. I am delighted to have been given access to Renaissance Learning’s new primary maths product ‘Freckle’ to see what they have on offer to support schools, and I thought you would be interested to know what I discovered!
Read the full review below….
How does Renaissance describe Freckle?
Freckle for Maths empowers all primary school learners from Years 1–6 to achieve confidence and develop fluency in maths. When children have access to practice designed just for them, there is no limit to what they will discover — and what they can achieve.
What does it enable you to do?
- Computer — adaptive assessments — Star Maths works with Freckle to identify a pupils’ specific level in each of the six maths domains.
- Curriculum aligned practice — Pupil’s practice maths standards in Freckle at just the right level. as Freckle continuously adapts as theypupils progress.
- Pupils can set their own weekly targets for answering questions correctly, achieving high accuracy, or growing levels in Freckle.
- Measure growth — Teachers can view real-time pupils’ data, identify skill gaps, determine where to focus teaching, and celebrate pupil progress and growth.
What do schools say about Freckle?
“Freckle provides both practical maths tasks to confident pupils and more visually stimulating, story-focussed tasks for less confident pupils. The versatility of Freckle is powerful.”
Plumcroft Primary School, London
“Freckle will be a crucial resource for our school going into the new academic year because we know it can support maths intervention and practice for all pupils.”
Gomer Junior School, Hampshire
“My pupils were fully engaged with maths practice because Freckle offers questions that are the right level for every pupil based on their pre-existing knowledge.”
Prescot Primary School, Merseyside
What do Headteacher Chat think?
We believe Freckle for Maths would be invaluable in supporting any school to deliver ato achieve their personalised education tailored to their pupils’ individualown abilitiesy. It is highly intuitive software, which makes it easy for us to get up and running with minimal fussgoing without the need for lots of training. This makes it so much more efficient than creating/running your own personalised learning program. Freckle for Maths will transform the personalised learning of your children . All your children’s personalised learning in one place, online. Secure, yet easy to share, it puts children in control of their maths journey.
The extensive data generated provides evidence for your teaching sequence. We can see how information gathered could help you to quickly see what is working well and what needs to be improved!
There are a handful of subscription options tailored for school types.
This makes pricing extremely competitive, and we think this product will undoubtedly save you money and a lot of admin time.
Benefits of using Freckle for Maths
- Understand every strength and opportunity for each child in Maths.
- Provide your teachers with up-to-date information about each child, therefore you can tailor your teaching to their needs.
- Freckle for Math’s careful balance of challenge and reward helps each child to develop a growth mindset and positively engage with their learning. A boost in confidence and ability is guaranteed.
In summary, HeadteacherChat recommends Freckle because:
“We have found the use of the most adaptive personalised maths program on Freckle to be an invaluable tool in being able to obtain information about each child in their class. If you are looking for ways to develop maths for each child in your school, then we’d highly recommend this product.” — Jonathan Coy, HeadteacherChat.
- To enable your school to benefit from Freckle visit www.renlearn.co.uk/freckle or call 020 7184 4040