HeadteacherChat’s Review of:
Hello! My name is Jonathan Coy, and I am CEO of HeadteacherChat™. I am delighted to have been given access to Nearpod to see what they have on offer to support schools and I thought you would be interested to know what I discovered!
Read the full review below....
What is Nearpod?
Nearpod is a cleverly designed software tool that enables teachers to deliver engaging and interactive lessons through a variety of ways, either by creating their own lessons using their own resources, or by tapping into the high quality resources and lessons that are available. Nearpod can be used in school, and for remote learning.
Watch a video: See Nearpod in Action at LEO Academy Trust
A fully adaptable and interactive teaching platform with high quality resources to tap into
● Nearpod contains a vast library of high quality interactive lessons, including pre-made lessons for myON and Freckle, activities, and videos for teachers to use and adapt
● Teachers can choose to use the pre prepared lessons across many subjects and age groups, or to create their own.
● The lessons have a clear structure and teaching sequence.
● Teachers can choose to allow pupils to participate live, to give the pupil’s the chance to choose the pace (e.g. for remote learning), or to present the information as a front of class activity.
● Nearpod can be used to present information instead of using PowerPoint or Google slides.
● Nearpod has a ‘Draw It’ function, allowing teachers and pupils to model and share good work.
● Nearpod even has the ability for teachers to set homework tasks.
Suitable for all Primary and Secondary school pupils, including those with SEND.
The high quality teaching platform is perfect for helping pupils of all ages and abilities to access their learning. Nearpod can be designed to cater for the needs of individuals, a small or large group of pupils. Pupils can even have access to a laptop or an ipad on their desk, which enables them to access the lesson at their own pace and on their own screen.
Teachers can create quizzes, polls and questions. Nearpod will then automatically create reports for schools to download, giving you a comprehensive understanding of the needs of your pupils.
What does HeadteacherChat™ think?
● We like how engaging the resources are, and how easy it is to find them, and to plan your lessons.
● We like the fact that Nearpod provides the structure for so many lessons, giving teachers more time to focus on teaching.
● We like the fact that the lessons are fully adaptable, allowing schools to add their individuality to them and to cater for the needs of their pupils. ● We were impressed with the sheer amount of resources and lessons for teachers to choose from.
● Nearpod contains a vast array of pre-planned interactive lessons. ● Pupil’s are able to get immediate feedback on their learning.
● Nearpod brings learning to life with engaging lessons and resources. ● Teachers can plan all of their lessons using the platform.
● Teachers have access to information which tells them how their pupils are getting on, and if they have submitted their work or not.
● Encourages cooperation and interaction.
Nearpod has the HeadteacherChat™ Stamp of Approval because:
‘It’s a very easy to use and adaptable teaching platform with an impressive amount of lessons and resources for teachers to tap into. It’s a great way for teachers to plan their lessons, and to see the progress that their pupils are making.’
Jonathan Coy CEO, HeadteacherChat™. January 2022
To find out more information go to: